Welcome to Employee Self Service at Johns Hopkins
What is ESA?
- ESA is Enterprise Step-up Authentication. It is another layer of security that will protect your identity and your information. Please click here for more information: ESA Help Guide
What is Employee Self Service?
- Employee Self Service (ESS) is a convenient, secure, user-friendly enhancement to the central HR/Payroll system that will allow you to view your personal and payroll data and easily make changes.
- Using Employee Self Service, you’ll easily be able to:
- Update your permanent address
- Update your emergency contact information
- View your personal data and work addresses
- Update your direct deposit information
- Make changes to your tax withholding information
- View your pay statements
- Link to E210 to review your timesheets and see the amount of sick and vacation time available to you (JHU employees only)
- View your leave balance (JHHS employees only)
- View your time statements displaying hours worked (both JHU and JHHS hourly paid employees)
- You will be able to perform these tasks quickly, without complicated forms or additional assistance.
Who has access to Employee Self Service?
- All employees paid via SAP will have access to ESS with the following exceptions:
- Employees on I-9 hold or I-9 pending will not be able to access tax or direct deposit information until the hold has been removed.
- Non Resident Aliens (NRA) will not be able to change withholding information.
- Employees with foreign addresses will not be able to access permanent address information.
- Terminated employees with term dates prior to ESS go live will not have access to ESS.
- Former Johns Hopkins employees will continue to be able to access certain ESS functions for the remainder of the year in which their employment ends.
Contact HR Shared Services with any questions at 443-997-5828